- Most side effects seen with SUSTOL are consistent with what is expected of 5-HT3 RAs1,4-8
- SUSTOL had no significant effect on any electrocardiogram interval, including QTc duration, in clinical trials1
Due to the SUSTOL polymer, injection site reactions (ISRs) are expected but generally manageable
- Three percent of patients receiving SUSTOL reported severe ISRs9
- Fewer than 1% of patients discontinued treatment due to ISRs
- Frequency and severity of most ISRs decreased in subsequent cycles
- All reactions occurring at ≥3% in the SUSTOL group.
- Modified Absorption of Granisetron In the Prevention of CINV.
- The placebo subcutaneous injection for Study 1 was normal saline and for Study 2 was a SUSTOL-matched control consisting of the polymer vehicle without active drug.
- All groups received dexamethasone.
5-HT3 RA=5-hydroxytryptamine receptor antagonist; IV=intravenous.
- SUSTOL [prescribing information]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc., 2017.
- Data on File [C2006-01]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc.
- Gabrail et al. Cancer Manag Res. 2015.
- Aloxi [prescribing information]. Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.), Inc., 2020.
- Zofran [prescribing information]. GlaxoSmithKline. 2017.
- Kytril [prescribing information]. Genentech, Inc., 2011.
- Sancuso [prescribing information]. Kyowa Kirin, Inc., 2020.
- Anzemet [prescribing information]. Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC, 2016.
- Data on File [Summary of Clinical Safety]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc., San Diego, CA.