SUSTOL was designed to offer lasting CINV prevention1,2
- SUSTOL is supplied as a refrigerated kit with a single-dose, sterile, pre-filled glass syringe that contains 10 mg of granisetron/0.4 mL
- SUSTOL should be administered at least 30 minutes before chemotherapy
- Store SUSTOL in the refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). DO NOT FREEZE
- SUSTOL may be left out at room temperature overnight, and for up to 7 days, before it must be discarded. SUSTOL may be re-refrigerated if not used within the 7-day period
- Protect from light
with the medication prior to administration.
One convenient kit allows for administration with three basic steps
READY SUSTOL by removing from refrigeration and unpacking kit at least 60 minutes prior to administration to allow SUSTOL and the warming pouches to reach room temperature.2
WARM SUSTOL to body temperature by wrapping assembled syringe in activated warming pouch for 5-6 minutes. Do NOT remove blue needle cover.2
INJECT SUSTOL subcutaneously in upper arm or abdomen using a firm and steady push. Pressing plunger harder will not expel SUSTOL faster.2
- SUSTOL [prescribing information]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc., 2017.
- SUSTOL [instructions for use]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc., 2017.
- Schnadig et al. Future Oncol. 2016.
- Zhou et al. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2015.