SUSTOL protects your patients during both the acute and delayed phases
- SUSTOL is the first and only extended-release 5-HT3 RA that utilizes polymer technology1-3,6-8
- Palonosetron is not indicated for prevention of delayed CINV associated with HEC1
Why choosing the right 5-HT3 RA is important
Consequences of uncontrolled CINV to consider:
- Delays or discontinuation of future chemotherapy cycles9,10
- Impact on quality of life by increasing the potential for hospitalizations and unscheduled visits for hydration11,12
- Risk for medical complications such as malnutrition, weight loss, and electrolyte imbalances11,12
- Additional treatment, including reliance on rescue medications11
- Aloxi [prescribing information]. Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.), Inc., 2020.
- Zofran [prescribing information]. GlaxoSmithKline. 2017.
- Kytril [prescribing information]. Genentech, Inc., 2011.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Anzemet injection approval letter. October 11, 1997.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. SUSTOL injection approval letter. August 9, 2016.
- SUSTOL [prescribing information]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc., 2017.
- Sancuso [prescribing information]. Kyowa Kirin, Inc., 2020.
- Anzemet [prescribing information]. Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC, 2016.
- Van Laar et al. Support Care Cancer. 2015.
- Neymark et al. Support Care Cancer. 2005.
- Hawkins et al. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2009.
- Burke et al. Support Care Cancer. 2011.
- Gabrail et al. Cancer Manag Res. 2015.
- Data on File [C2006-01]. Heron Therapeutics, Inc.